Let's fill the village with scarecrows!
GIFFORD SCARECROW TRAIL
As we are unable to run our usual Flower Show this year, Gifford Horticultural Society has decided to do something a little different!
We are inviting families, businesses, organisations and individuals to take part in our first ever Gifford Scarecrow Trail, to take place from Saturday 8th – Saturday 15th August.
· Scarecrows can be of any size and on any theme you like
· Your scarecrow should be located on your property and be visible from the road
· Any location roughly within the map below is eligible to join the trail
· If you are outwith this area (or it’s not practical for you to display your scarecrow at home), we will be able to display some outside the Village Hall and on the Village Green. Please let us know on the entry form if you’d like this option
· All scarecrows will be displayed at entrants’ own risk
HOW TO ENTER
We will display all of the scarecrow locations on a map. We will need confirmation of your entry & your location in order for you to be included on the map.
· You can enter online on a form via our website Scarecrow page (open for entries from 1st August) OR a pick up a hard copy form in Hoggs
· Entry will be open from Saturday 1st - Wednesday 5th August. Please make sure you submit your form then.
· There will be a prize for “Best in Show”. Secret judging will take place on Saturday 8th August
· A People’s Choice vote will also take place (one entry per household) via:
- Hoggs – entry form on the map
- Email email@example.com
- Voting form on our website (which will be live from 8th – 14th August)
· Winners will be announced on Saturday 15th August
For further information:
firstname.lastname@example.org or Joe Clark on 01620 810217